USAID Nigeria MARKETS & MARKETS II
DDI served as a sub-contractor to Chemonics International from 2007 to 2017 for the implementation of the USAID Nigeria MARKETS, Bridge to MARKETS II as well as the MARKETS II Projects. We worked to improve the productivity of six commodities (sorghum, rice, sesame, cassava, aquaculture and soybean) across fifteen States (Bauchi, Benue, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Nassarawa, Niger, Plateau, Sokoto, Taraba, Oyo, Ondo and Edo).
Specifically, DDI carried out the following:
- Outreach, sensitization and networking of farmers
- Established and managed demonstration farms.
- Provided pre-season Training-of-Trainers covering basic aspects of the production of the commodities.
- Trained group leaders on how to replicate the trainings for group members.
- Conducted in-season trainings.
- Conducted post-harvest trainings.
- Conducted cost, yield and income surveys.
- Monitored the out growers and their field performance.
- Facilitated buy back of commodities.